Transform Pain into Purpose, one Journal Entry at a Time, Artist-Inspired.
The Love Story provides faith-based writing programs leveraging a new genre called “Journal-Artism,” which fuses journaling, journalism, with the personal journey. Our programs are designed to help you act out and write out the life experiences of transforming your tragedy into a divine comedy in seven acts.
As Journal-Artists, we journal our trauma into fictional drama because we believe that the truth will set us free, one journal entry at a time, artist-inspired. In story, we illuminate shadows so we may transform pain into passion. We discern our shadows to reveal a better pathway for ourselves. We integrate our shadows to pursue our true purpose.
Reveal, feel, deal, and heal.
Benefits of Expressive Writing
- Become self-aware.
- Come to a sound mind and clear thoughts.
- Create a legacy through memory capsules.
- Boost emotional intelligence.
- Validate your experience.
- Affirm what you have gone through.
- Strengthen self-discipline through the habit of journaling.
- Improve communication skills.
- Grow with strength, confidence, and assertiveness.
- Spark creativity.
- Increase self confidence.
- Compatible with CBT, CFT, MBCBT, ACT, and DBT
Benefits of Shadow Work
- Shadow Work empowers choice.
- Uncover the hidden feelings you’ve suppressed.
- Validate your experiences.
- Stop the ghosts of your past from haunting when they are finally heard.
- Lower the frequency and intensity of downward spirals.
- Connect with other kindred Journal-Artists.
- Allow your experience to be respected, validated, and transformed.
- Help others while you are being helped by others.
- Discern truth from life-lies through the power of resonate-editing.
- Activate your subconscious.
- Return the power of truth back into your conscious mind.
- Allow the subconscious to speak to you in expressive writing.
- Increase self-respect, self-confidence, and self-esteem through the discipline of validating your feelings, your pain, your experiences while helping others validate theirs.
“It’s helped me understand my own emotions better and it provides a sense of validation and legitimacy to my work and feelings.”
“It has helped make a positive change in my life by helping me heal through pain that I wasn’t facing by myself.”
“I’ve regained my love of writing and gained a journaling community that encourages me to write and supports my efforts. I’ve become a better writer simply by virtue of practice and through the prompts and ideas that The Love Story program has offered me.”
“In the most positive way. It has allowed me to express myself freely and not be ashamed of it.”
“I’m the type of person to bottle up emotions. I’m not good at communicating, so journaling is my opportunity to let out negative or pent up emotions and release them so that I can move on.”
“It has affected me deeply. Not only has my writing techniques improved, but I also write more confidently. I feel that I have grown into myself and my writing has matured.”
“I’ve learned to be more open and less judgemental of my own writing. How to write for myself without pleasing others.”
“It has toned my inner voice, defined my sense of purpose, and it’s fun.
“I want to go back and explore. Why did it happen when it happened. …Women often suppress their emotions…we think, ‘if I just swallowed that back, it’ll go away,’ and it’s like ‘Nope! Still here.’ and so I think I’m starting to really figure, I can’t swallow that back. I need to let things out.”