Transform Tragedy into a Divine Comedy
About The Love Story
We exist to shift the perception of pain—not as something to be dismissed, ashamed, or avoided, but as an opportunity to grow spiritually, emotionally, and developmentally.
Pain can be transformed into meaning and purpose through expressive writing and therapeutic journaling.
We provide Journaling Services in Four ways:
- DIY (Do-it-Yourself) Journaling through our free journaling portal at www.thelovestory.org. Directions & Resources are provided.
- Journal Together—Our Mirror Darkly Journaling Sessions are structured group journaling sessions facilitated by a trained professional journal-artist host via Zoom.
- Journal alongside Artist Performances—The Love Story Showcases are an opportunity for people to journal together inspired by Live Artist Performances, with an opportunity to share one’s journal entry through spoken word/open mic candlelight.
- Journal to Transform Pain into Purpose—Our Producer’s Playbook Program is designed to transform our pain into a three-act tragedy, told in fiction, based on a true story. We believe to tell our story is to transform our story. In the process of journaling as an art and craft discipline, we will discover the duality of our desire, design, and destiny, and be inspired to choose the path of our true desire, design, and destiny.
Why We Exist
Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young adults ages 25-34 and depression is the leading cause of suicide. Depression is a major symptom of heartbreak.
According to the World Health Organization, Depression is the number one disability worldwide. That said, our non-profit serves an international audience. We are a collective of Journal-Artists who fuse the discipline of journaling with the craft of a journalist for the literary fictionalize of our personal journey. The program we provide allows us to experience catharsis, community, and connection in the process of processing our pain into purpose.
We believe that social isolation comes from depression, and depression comes from suppressed expression.
Our mission is to shift the narrative in our scripts from:
- “Nobody Understands Me” into “I Am Not Alone”
- “There’s something wrong with me” into “Pain is a catalyst for self-realization”
- “What’s the point of ____(pain, living, working, loving, etc.)?” into “The point is to discover who I truly am”
Through creative expression, we are able to create a love story through our adversities.
The Love Story is the journey of transforming our personal tragedy into a divine comedy and telling our story inside fiction as a Love Story. We are in the process of producing three main journaling programs:
The Producer’s Playbook: Transforming our pain into a Three-Act Tragedy.
The Love Story Playbook: Transforming our Tragedy into a Divine Comedy.
The Journal-Artist Playbook: Integrating tragedy and divine comedy to tell The Love Story in the form of a historical novel.
All three programs are rooted in 1 Corinthians 13, verse 4-7 (1 Corinthians 13 in the Holy Bible KJV). We leverage the Mystery of Love revealed in 1 Corinthians 13:12 to help us discern the duality of our desires, design, and destiny.
At the heart of our journaling programs, we integrate Taoism, Old Testament and New Testament, Gnosticism, Jung and Freud psychology, and the Qu’ran.
At the root of our programs, the focus is on character building through hope, faith, and love and the greatest of these is love defined in 1 Corinthians 13.
We welcome all nationalities, cultures, and creeds on the mission to inspire the broken hearted to transform our life tragedy into The Love Story.
Want the Science behind it?
Hear from our Journal-Artists
Founded in 2015, The Love Story Media, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 multimedia publisher and educational platform, inspiring the broken hearted to transform our tragedy into divine comedy and this entire journey is called, “The Love Story.”
On February 2016, The Love Story Project became an official 501(c)3 California non-profit corporation. For more information about us→ The Love Story
About the Founder:
Mingjie “MJ” Zhai, a former educator and suicide attempt survivor, discovered how to transform her heartbreak into creative expression by interviewing people about theirs. While learning how to build a public benefit business lean, MJ made it her life’s mission to encourage, inspire and empower others to turn pain into a creative force for social good.
More About –> Mingjie
And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
–1 Corinthians 13:13
Power of 13
“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all that I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.