“Unfortunately there can be no doubt that man is, on the whole, less good than he imagines himself or wants to be. Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is. If an inferiority is conscious, one always has a chance to correct it. Furthermore, it is constantly in contact with other interests, so that it is continually subjected to modifications. But if it is repressed and isolated from consciousness, it never gets corrected.”
—Carl JungWorld Famous Psychologist
What is Shadow Work?
Shadow work is the act of illuminating the shadow parts of ourselves. Shadows by nature are everything and anything that reflects the absence of love. We do Shadow Work so we can learn from our mistakes, stop repeating and perpetuating toxic patterns, and build self-respect, self-esteem, and self-love.
Shadow work is designed to help you heal from things that you are still unaware of. It gets to the root of the problem. Shadow work returns the power of choice back to you so you may discern your true passion from your false one. The process of confronting your shadows will transform you from stressed, depressed, and frustrated into inspired, encouraged, and empowered.
Reveal, Deal, Feel, & Heal
Shadow Work can be quite daunting.
When you are faced with tragedy, sometimes that downward spiral down the black hole seems unending.
The world has moved on while your world has frozen in time.
We believe that ghosts will haunt until they are heard.
The Love Story Organization is designed to help you hear the ghosts of your past so that your shadow self, once elusive, now becomes clear, illuminating the parts that needed to express itself, telling you the parts of your story you weren’t yet ready to face at the time (maybe because it was too painful).
Now is the time, because the pain of stagnation has now become greater than the pain of spiritual, emotional, and personal growth.
We will move you through your own Shadow Work process by providing you with a spiritual weapon, a sword of the spirit, blessed by The Holy Spirit, revealed in the Mystery of Love in 1 Corinthians 13:12 when acted upon:
For now we see a reflection, as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. For now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
Shadow work is not meant to be done alone. There is a reason why humans must connect. We are designed to love and love is always a connection between two or more divine souls. You are not meant to be isolated, frustrated, and disconnected. You are meant to be interconnected, validated, respected, and liberated.
Shadow work is validating the pain of your past.
Shadow work is designed to bring the soul and the spirit together in compassion because compassion by virtue means to suffer with.
Shadow work is the process of respecting your self because respect is always grounded upon truth and integrating the shadow is the complete truth (the yin and the yang) to the human experience.
Shadow work is the beginning of setting you free because the aim of shadow work is shadow integration. The completion of shadow work is to know good and bad and to exercise your free will in choosing the path that leads to your spiritual freedom.
The shadow is the yin to the yang.
To know your shadow self is to have compassion for the full spectrum that makes you.
The truth is the integrated shadow state, light and dark.
May the truth set you free.
Love & Blessings,
Journal-Artist & Founder
“It sounds like a lot of hard work. I don’t have time for it.”
- Yes, it is, and so is everything else worth pursuing, whether that is getting fit, training for a marathon, learning a new sport, preparing to travel.
“It’s not going to work for me.”
- It will work for you. Trust. Getting fit is eating more healthy foods to displace the bad ones and finding nature and adventure to replace sitting on the couch playing video games. It works when you work it.
“It’s too emotional. I’m not ready to be triggered like that.”
- This program is not for everyone. For some, opening the floodgates of all the bad memories is still too overwhelming, so it may be wise to do this work with a trained and licensed therapist to help you through it once triggering memories are unlocked.
- This program is for people who have come to a point in their lives when they realized that the pain of stagnation is now greater than the pain of growth. You are at a point in your life where you are ready to do the self-work it takes to move forward to the next milestone in life.
This Shadow Work Program Starter is designed for:
- The Introverted, someone who finds being alone comforting and re-energizing.
- Someone currently stressed and overwhelmed
- Someone who doesn’t feel understood
- Someone who tends to bottles up one’s emotions
- Someone who wants more friends but has a hard time making them
- Someone who wants to connect with others but doesn’t know how to break out of the isolation