“Unfortunately there can be no doubt that man is, on the whole, less good than he imagines himself or wants to be. Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is. If an inferiority is conscious, one always has a chance to correct it. Furthermore, it is constantly in contact with other interests, so that it is continually subjected to modifications. But if it is repressed and isolated from consciousness, it never gets corrected.”
—Carl JungWorld Famous Psychologist
What is Shadow Work?
Shadow work is the act of illuminating the shadow parts of ourselves. Shadows by nature are everything and anything that reflects the absence of love. We do Shadow Work so we can learn from our mistakes, stop repeating and perpetuating toxic patterns, and build self-respect, self-esteem, and self-love.
Shadow work is designed to help you heal from things that you are still unaware of. It gets to the root of the problem. Shadow work returns the power of choice back to you so you may discern your true passion from your false one. The process of confronting your shadows will transform you from stressed, depressed, and frustrated into inspired, encouraged, and empowered.
Reveal, Deal, Feel, & Heal
A shadow is anything and everything that is not loving. It is often hidden in plain sight. It is cloaked in shame and blame, but ultimately, the origins of a shadow starts from within. Shadow work begins with illuminating our own shadows (rather than projecting it onto others) and can be quite daunting.
When you are faced with tragedy, the shadow will come forth, tempting you towards self-destruction. Sometimes that downward spiral down the black hole seems unending.The world has moved on while your world has frozen in time. You feel left behind, left with you and your own shadow to contend with.
The Love Story Organization is designed to help you hear the ghosts of your past so that your shadow self, once elusive, now becomes clear, illuminating the parts that needed to express itself, telling you the parts of your story you weren’t yet ready to face at the time (maybe because it was too painful).
Now is the time, because the pain of stagnation has become greater than the pain of spiritual, emotional, and personal growth.
Shadow Work begins with a mirror, revealed by the Mystery of Love inside 1 Corinthians 13:12 when acted upon:
For now we see a reflection, as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. For now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
Shadow work is not meant to be done alone. You are meant to be interconnected, validated, respected, and liberated.
Shadow work is validating the pain of your past.
Shadow work is the beginning of bringing shadow and spirit together.
Shadow work is the process of respecting your self because respect is always grounded upon truth and shadow work is the exploration towards the complete truth (the yin and the yang).
Shadow work is the beginning of shadow integration, which is to be like God, knowing good and bad and still choosing good.
The shadow is the yin to the yang.
To know your shadow self is to have compassion for the full spectrum that makes you.
The truth is the integrated shadow state of both love and its absence.
Shadow work is the exploration of its absence.
May the truth set you free.
Love & Blessings,
Journal-Artist & Founder
“It sounds like a lot of hard work. I don’t have time for it.”
- Yes, it is, and so is everything else worth pursuing, whether that is getting fit, training for a marathon, learning a new sport, preparing to travel.
“It’s not going to work for me.”
- It will work for you. Trust. Getting fit is eating more healthy foods to displace the bad ones and finding nature and adventure to replace sitting on the couch playing video games. It works when you work it.
“It’s too emotional. I’m not ready to be triggered like that.”
- This program is not for everyone. For some, opening the floodgates of all the bad memories is still too overwhelming, so it may be wise to do this work with a trained and licensed therapist to help you through it once triggering memories are unlocked.
- This program is for people who have come to a point in their lives when they realized that the pain of stagnation is now greater than the pain of growth. You are at a point in your life where you are ready to do the self-work it takes to move forward to the next milestone in life.
This Shadow Work Program Starter is designed for:
- The Introverted, someone who finds being alone comforting and re-energizing.
- Someone currently stressed and overwhelmed
- Someone who doesn’t feel understood
- Someone who tends to bottles up one’s emotions
- Someone who wants more friends but has a hard time making them
- Someone who wants to connect with others but doesn’t know how to break out of the isolation